Women, Influence & Power in Law Announces 2018 Speaker Line Up
WIPL Conference on October 4th-5th in Washington, DC; Valerie Jarrett and Sally Yates Opening Keynote Fireside Chat
New York, NY, August 2, 2018 – The Annual Women, Influence & Power in Law Conference (WIPL) will bring together women in-house and outside counsel leaders to exchange ideas and address issues facing legal departments across various practice areas at the Renaissance Washington DC Downtown Hotel on October 4-5, 2018.
WIPL is the original global forum facilitating Women-to-Women Exchange on leadership and legal issues.
The opening keynote session on October 4th at 9:15 am will be a Fireside chat with Valerie Jarrett, Former Senior Advisor from the Obama Administration. Her session will touch on Staying Nimble, Taking Risks, and Empowering Women to Lead with Authenticity and Confidence. On October 5th at 8:30 am, Sally Yates, Former Deputy Attorney General U.S. Department of Justice, will discuss Integrity, Ethics and Law: The Future of the Legal System.
WIPL hosts over 140 speakers covering a wide variety of educational topics such as cybersecurity and data privacy concerns, corporate leadership, labor and employment, global risk and crisis management, technology, litigation, business strategy and executive leadership development. WIPL will offer attendees up to 19 CLE Credits including 2 Ethics and 2 Elimination of Bias credits. Additional speakers at WIPL will include:
- Patricia Barbieri, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.
- Maria Barton, General Counsel, Purdue Pharma L.P.
- Sandra Bequette, Vice President – Senior Managing Counsel, Mastercard
- Rashmi Chandra, Executive Director & Head Counsel, Intellectual Property & Information Technology Counsel, Aetna, Inc.
- Angeline G. Chen, VP, General Counsel, and Chief Compliance Officer, Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
- Laura Chenoweth, Deputy General Counsel, Pfizer Inc.
- Carol DiBattiste, General Counsel & Chief Compliance, Privacy & People Officer, comScore Inc.
- Kenya Dixon, Assistant Director, Division of Litigation Technology and Analysis, Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Courtney Camp Enloe, Associate General Counsel, Global Head of Litigation and Preventive Law, 3M
- Meredith Friedman, Senior Vice President & Associate General Counsel, HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.
- Sonia Galindo, General Counsel & Secretary, Rosetta Stone Inc.
- Kirsten Hotchkiss, VP, Global Employee Relations & Employment Counsel, American Express
- Julie Kinch, Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer, Heineken USA, Inc.
“Women, Influence & Power in Law has been an interactive conference for women leaders in law for the past 8 years and has been a great forum for women to get peer-to-peer insights,” said Sharon Morabito, ALM’s Group Director of Events. “This year’s conference will allow GCs, in-house and outside counsel leaders the opportunity to explore strategies and obtain career development advice from the most accomplished women in law.”
For more information and to register for the Women, Influence & Power in Law Conference, visit: http://www.wiplevent.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=308601& and join in the conversation with #WIPLEvent.
ALM, an information and intelligence company, provides customers with critical news, data, analysis, marketing solutions and events to successfully manage the business of business. ALM serves a community of over 6 million business professionals seeking to discover, connect and compete in highly complex industries. Please visit www.alm.com for more information, and visit www.alm.com/events/ to learn about our upcoming events. Please follow us on Twitter @ALMMedia.
ALM is the most trusted media, information and intelligence company supporting both the practice of and business of professionals in the legal, insurance, commercial real estate and financial services industries. ALM delivers leading data, intelligence, insights, events and audiences essential for growing businesses globally to over 7 million professionals. Please visit www.alm.com for more information, and visit www.alm.com/events/ to learn about our upcoming events. Please follow us on Twitter at @ALMGlobal_.