Trends, Technology & Talent: Leaders in Law, Technology and Business to Address the Legal Industry at Legalweek, The Experience, January 31-February 2, 2017
New York, N.Y. (December 7, 2016) – As business trends, the regulatory climate and advances in technology continue to bring about innovation and change, ALM is convening the entire legal team – at Legalweek, The Experience – to discuss how to drive the business of law forward. From January 31 through February 2, 2017 in New York City, approximately 10,000 legal professionals will gather for a discussion featuring more than 250 speakers across seven areas of focus: LegalExecutive, LegalWomensForum, LegalPros, LegalMarketing, LegalSmallFirm, LegalCIO and Legaltech (the legacy event which will include more than 300 exhibits throughout the entirety of Legalweek).
The inaugural Legalweek will open with keynote speaker Andrew McAfee, Visionary Futurist & Director of the MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy; and NYTimes Bestselling Author of “The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies,” who will set the stage for the rest of the agenda and explore how organizations can survive and thrive in the turbulent years to come, as typical business structures and conventional jobs transform. Later that day, Sunny Hostin, ABC News Senior Legal Correspondent, Co-Host of The View & Contributor to Good Morning America, Nightline and 20/20, will lead a discussion with the top minds in the legal industry to gather insights on how they are translating these trends into action and shaping their organizations’ respective directions.
“We heard from the industry and Legalweek is shaping up to address the key trends underpinning the way law firms and corporate legal departments do business,” said Sharon Morabito, ALM Group Events Director for Legalweek, The Experience. “The program has been designed to offer thought provoking insights around trends, technology and talent, networking opportunities and an experience unlike anything that has ever existed for the entire legal team in one place.”
Other featured speakers include:
- Andrew J. Peck, United States Magistrate Judge Southern District of New York
- Xavier Rodriguez, United States District Judge for the Western District of Texas
- Elizabeth D. Laporte, United States District Court – Northern District of California
- Erwin Chemerinsky Founding Dean and Distinguished Professor of Law & Raymond Pryke Professor of First Amendment Law at University of California, Irvine School of Law
- Eric Sugden, CTO, Thomson Reuters Elite
- Brent E. Kidwell, Chief Information Security Officer, Jenner & Block, Chicago
- Roger Meltzer, Global Co-Chairman and Americas Co-Chairman, DLA Piper
- Sheila Slocum Hollis, Managing Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- Vincent A. Marin, Chief Information Officer, Sidley Austin LLP
- Michael P. Shea, Chief Information Officer, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Ash Banerjee, Global Chief Information Officer, Hogan Lovells US LLP
- Michael Hertz, Chief Marketing Officer, White & Case
- Naomi Waltman, Senior Vice President and Associate General Counsel, CBS Corporation
- John Davis, Executive Director and Counsel – Global eDiscovery, UBS
- Thomas Mullane, E-discovery Specialist, United Technologies Corporation
- Peter O’Rourke, Managing Counsel at Oracle
- Julie Richer, Legal Operations & Discovery Manager, American Electric Power
- Marc J. Shanker, Senior Global Compliance Counsel, Oracle
- Larry Persaud, Director of Strategy Cloud + Enterprise, Microsoft
- Matthew Gasaway, Director and Senior Counsel, eDiscovery, AbbVie
In addition to the general sessions, Legalweek will feature live entertainment through LegalLive. Visit www.legalweekshow.com or follow @Legalweekshow for program and speaker updates, as well as to submit requests for sponsorship and/or speaking opportunities.
About Legalweek, The Experience
Hosted by ALM, Legalweek, The Experience brings together the legal industry to address the biggest challenges and issues facing legal professionals. Legalweek, which will be visited by more than 10,000 attendees and will feature more than 300 exhibits at the Legaltech Expo, includes the following seven areas of focus:
- LegalExecutive: An invitation-only forum gathering the industry’s top minds to provide insight into how they are translating the global business trends into action and shaping their businesses’ respective directions.
- LegalWomensForum: An interactive caucus of women working in the legal field, this area of focus will offer innovative ideas and solutions that lead to the retention and advancement of experienced women in law firms and corporations.
- Legaltech: Known as the industry’s largest and most important legal technology tradeshow, Legaltech delves into leading legal technology solutions and showcases how the industry’s most successful firms are preparing for the future.
- LegalPros: Knowledge managers, law librarians and administrators can discover innovative ideas and solutions that help them evolve their roles as the manager, educator and knowledge influencer of the legal research and litigation tools of the firm.
- LegalMarketing: This focus area explores how modern forces impact the way law firms handle business development and provides a think tank environment for marketers to guide firms into 2017 and beyond.
- LegalCIO: With so much changing in technology, this event fosters discussions around relevant opportunities and challenges impacting today’s law firm information, technology and knowledge management professionals.
- LegalSmallFirm: This area of focus explores how technology can support efficiency improvements, client growth and scalable operations for small law firms.
ALM, an information and intelligence company, provides customers with critical news, data, analysis, marketing solutions and events to successfully manage the business of business.
Customers use ALM solutions to discover new ideas and approaches for solving business challenges, connect to the right professionals and peers creating relationships that move business forward, and compete to win through access to data, analytics and insight. ALM serves a community of over 6 million business professionals seeking to discover, connect and compete in highly complex industries. For more information, visit www.alm.com.
Suzanne Hallberg/Sarah Griffin