Media Advisory: Legal Teams are Convening at Legalweek, The Experience
January 31-February 2, 2017 at Hilton Midtown in New York City
WHAT: Legalweek, The Experience – the nation’s largest legal industry gathering for legal teams involved in the business of law to convene to identify and explore how business trends, the regulatory climate, economic pressures and technology advances are driving innovation and change. Legalweek will be visited by approximately 7,000 participants, 32% of whom are visiting for the first time, and 350+ speakers across 120 sessions, with 200+ exhibits showcased at the Legaltech Expo.
The event will include tailored discussions, networking opportunities and workshops for the following six areas of focus in order to offer updates and specific trends relevant to every member of the legal team operating in the field of law: Legaltech, LegalWomensForum, LegalMarketing, LegalSmallFirm, LegalPros and LegalCIO.
WHO: Highlights of the inaugural conference include:
- Opening Industry Address (9:00 a.m., 1/31): ALM CEO Bill Carter and ALM Intelligence analysts will offer data and insights about four key trends that are affecting the business of law, including interviews with Elliot Portnoy, Global CEO, Dentons and Aaron Katzel, Global Head of Legal Operations AIG.
- Keynote Visionary (9:15 a.m., 1/31): Andrew McAfee, Visionary Futurist & Director of the MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy will explore how organizations can survive and thrive in the turbulent years to come, as typical business structures and conventional jobs transform.
- State of the Industry Address (5:00 p.m., 1/31): Sunny Hostin, ABC News Senior Legal Correspondent, Co-Host of The View & Contributor to Good Morning America, Nightline and 20/20, will lead a discussion with the top minds in the legal industry inlcuding Roger Meltzer, Global Co-Chairman, Americas Co-Chairman, Partner DLA Piper; Catherine Castaldo, Global Chief Privacy & Data Protection Counsel, GE Capital; Ricardo Anzaldua, Executive Vice-President & General Counsel, MetLife; and Mark Ohringer, Executive Vice President, Global General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Jones Lang LaSalle.
- Legaltech (Exhibition Hall open 1/31-2/2): Known as the industry’s largest and most important legal technology tradeshow, more than 300 exhibitors will display leading legal technology solutions and showcases on how the industry’s most successful firms are preparing for the future.
WHEN/WHERE: Tuesday, January 31 through Thursday, February 2, 2017 at the Hilton Midtown, 1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York City
JOIN THE DISCUSSION:
- Email [email protected] to request media credentials or photo opportunities.
- Visit legalweekshow.com for attendee/participant details and register.
- Follow the social conversation on Twitter @Legalweekshow and join the discussion with #Legalweek17.
- Download the Legalweek Show app.
ALM, an information and intelligence company, provides customers with critical news, data, analysis, marketing solutions and events to successfully manage the business of business. ALM serves a community of over 6 million business professionals seeking to discover, connect and compete in highly complex industries. Please visit www.alm.com for more information, and visit www.alm.com/events/ to learn about our upcoming events. Please follow us on Twitter at @ALMGlobal_.