Legalweek West Brings Together Legal Teams To Discuss Talent, Technology & Practical Solutions
New York, NY—April 27, 2017—ALM’s industry leading legal event, Legalweek, The Experience, has expanded with Legalweek West, formerly Legaltech West Coast, which will take place in San Francisco, CA from June 12-13, 2017 at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square hotel.
“After witnessing the success of Legalweek in New York City earlier this year, it solidified our desire to expand the conference brand by carefully researching and selecting sessions and themes to fit our West coast audiences while staying true to the overarching purpose of the event,” said John Stuttard, Senior Vice President of Global Events at ALM.
Taking place in the heart of San Francisco, Legalweek West will begin with a keynote presentation exploring “Internet, Technology & The Law” by Ari Melber, Chief Legal Correspondent for MSNBC.
Legalweek West will offer five areas of focus presented as events-within-an-event:
- Legaltech, which delves into leading legal technology solutions and showcases how the industry’s most successful firms are preparing for the future. Legaltech West is the anchor of Legalweek and will continue to deliver timely content that dives into the future of law. Topics will include the Emerging Threat of Ransomware, Encryption and Protecting Your Assets, Cybersecurity Laws and Regulation, The Future of Analytical Strategies and more.
- LegalOps will bring together corporate law department leaders for a discussion and debate on optimizing legal department performance through savvy technology management. Topics will include Benchmarking Law Department Operations, Shepherding Change in Transformative Times, Mitigating Third Party Service Provider Data Risk and Contract Management.
- LegalDiversityForum looks at the dividends a diverse workforce can deliver and the state of diversity as a whole within the legal field. Topics will include Identifying, Developing and Retaining Minority Talent, Exposing Blind Spots and Unconscious Bias, and Preparing for Generational Shifts while Creating a Culture of Inclusion.
- LegalSmallFirm addresses the unique needs and issues surrounding boutique law firms (firms with 50 attorneys right down to solo practitioners). Topics will include All Things Implementation: Improving Technology Management, Bridging the Gap in Your Workflow Automation, and Legal Innovation.
- LegalExecutive will be geared toward top legal executives who will gather to discuss content and information on growth trends, technological advances and best practices for the business of law. Topics will include Emerging Business Models and Growth Opportunities for Law Firms, Battling for Talent, New Legal Service Provider Models, and AI as a Game Changer for the Legal Marketplace.
Additionally, Legalweek West is introducing Darwin Talks—five-minute, thought-provoking presentations from innovators on what is disrupting the legal industry, meant to intrigue, excite and generate discussions—as well as a modified Start Up Pavilion and Small Law Pavilion on the exhibit floor.
“We listened to our customers and designed an experience for Legalweek West that aims to provide the legal industry and leading participants with an event that will help address the current business trends, regulatory climate and economic pressures they are facing,” said Sharon Morabito, ALM Group Events Director for Legalweek, The Experience. “We recognize the next generation of legal leaders needs to have a comprehensive forum in which to meet and discuss all these various initiatives, and Legalweek West is the place to explore and discover these solutions.”
For more information about Legalweek West and to register, please go to www.legalweekshow.com/west and follow @Legalweekshow on Twitter using #Legalweek17 to get updates as more speakers are announced.