Legalweek – An Evolution of the Legal Industry Sets the 2019 Stage
Legal Leaders Set To Gather at Legalweek New York, Where Legal Business Gets Done on January 28th through January 31st
New York, NY – December 5, 2018 – From January 28, 2019, through January 31, 2019, 8,000+ legal professionals will gather at the New York Hilton Midtown for Legalweek, New York, the week in which a series of innovative legal conferences and workshops combine to form the largest legal industry event. Legalweek brings together all facets of the legal profession to address the key challenges facing the industry and uncover strategies to drive the business of law forward. Additionally, the longest running legal conference Legaltech, provides an in-depth look at what the technological world has in store for professionals in the legal industry as well as a gathering of innovative products designed to meet their technology needs.
“ALM is excited to host this thought-provoking week of interactive discussions and debate on the legal community’s most pressing issues,” said Sharon Morabito, Group Director, Legal Events at ALM Media. “This year’s lineup is packed with top legal professionals from some the most groundbreaking corporate legal departments, law firms, and legal technology enterprises. Prepare for the year ahead with insights from the brightest minds and innovators transforming the legal sector.”
This year’s Legalweek opening keynote session will be a fireside chat with Loretta Lynch, 83rd Attorney General of the United States (2015-2017) and Alberto Gonzales, 80th Attorney General of the United States (2005-2007). The discussion will be based on their professional journeys and the evolution of the legal industry as well as conversations around diversity and inclusion in the legal sector.
Legalweek’s roster of 350+ speakers includes:
- Legaltech: Hon. Joy Conti, Chief District Judge, U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania; Hon. Elizabeth D. Laporte, Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California; Hon. Kimberly C. Priest Johnson, U.S. Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas; Tom Morrissey, Sr. Director, Legal Operations & eDiscovery Purdue Pharma LP; and Eric Lieber, Director of Legal Technology, Toyota Motor, USA
- Business of Law Forum: Robin Adelstein, Head of Antitrust and Competition, Norton Rose Fullbright; Lisa Damon, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw, LP; John Finley, Senior Managing Director and Chief Legal Officer, The Blackstone Group, LP; Cornelius Grossman, Global Law Leader, E.Y.; and Julie Ortmeier, Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, Carfax, Inc.
- LegalCIO: Bennett Borden, Chief Data Scientist, DrinkerBiddle & Reath, LLP; David Cambria, Global Director of Legal Operations, Baker McKenzie; Joan Holman; Chief Information Officer, Clark Hill; Andrea Markstrom, Chief Information Officer; Blank Rome, LLP; and Matthew Olsen, Chief Privacy Officer, Sidley Austin, LLP
- LegalDiversity and Talent Management: Aida Babalola; Legal Director, Employment Law, Pepsico; Gabrielle Lyse Brown, Executive Director, Diversity & Inclusion, Morgan Stanley; Simon Des-Etages, Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Global Retail Banking and Wealth Management, HSBC; Ann Kappler, Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel & Head of External Affairs, Prudential Financial; and Andrew Kassner, Chairman & CEO, DrinkerBiddle & Reath, LLP
- LegalMarketing: Joe Calve, Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, McGuireWoods; Despina Karston, Global Director, Business Development & Communications, Jones Day®; Michelle Murray, Chief Marketing Officer, Cahill Gordon & Reindel; and Catherine Zinn, Chief Client Officer, Orrick
ALM’s editorial team and ALM Intelligence analysts will offer attendees unique insights, driven by their deep engagement in the industry:
- ALM Intelligence’s Principal Analyst Nick Bruch and Senior Analyst Erin Hichman will kick off Legalweek with a State of the Industry address.
- Gina Passarella, Editor-in-Chief of ALM’s Legal Global Brands including The American Lawyer, will chair the Business of Law Forum.
- Zach Warren, Editor-in-Chief of Legaltech News, will chair the Legaltech conference.
- ALM Editors and spokespeople will be on hand to discuss trends to watch.
ALM, an information and intelligence company, provides customers with critical news, data, analysis, marketing solutions and events to successfully manage the business of business. ALM serves a community of over 6 million business professionals seeking to discover, connect and compete in highly complex industries. Please visit www.alm.com for more information, and visit www.alm.com/events/ to learn about our upcoming events. Please follow us on Twitter at @ALMGlobal_.