ALM’s Investment Advisor and Envestnet|PMC Announce Finalists for 12th Annual SMA Managers of the Year Awards
NEW YORK – May 2, 2016 – Investment Advisor, the leading publication for independent and independent-minded investment advisors and financial planners, and Envestnet | PMC have partnered in researching and now revealing the finalists in the 12th Annual Separately Managed Account (SMA) Managers of the Year Awards. The SMA Managers of the Year Awards recognize […]
NEW YORK – May 2, 2016 – Investment Advisor, the leading publication for independent and independent-minded investment advisors and financial planners, and Envestnet | PMC have partnered in researching and now revealing the finalists in the 12th Annual Separately Managed Account (SMA) Managers of the Year Awards.
The SMA Managers of the Year Awards recognize best-in-class SMA managers, and will be presented during the Envestnet Advisor Summit 2016 which will be held May 18-20 at the Hilton Chicago. New to the competition this year are two Strategist awards that honor an entire firm for excellence in multiple strategies and one that supports advisors with practice management help in various formats. An overall Manager of the Year will also be selected from among the category winners as a model of investment management excellence. Winners will receive extended coverage both online at ThinkAdvisor.com and in the July issue of Investment Advisor.
“Advisors have many, many choices when it comes to picking money managers on behalf of their clients,” said Jamie Green, editor-in-chief of Investment Advisor. “Our partnership with Envestnet recognizes those strategies and managers whose consistent performance and process place them above their peers, making them worthy of advisors’ consideration.”
“Behind any top-performing strategy is a top-performing investment manager,” said Tim Clift, Chief Investment Strategist at Envestnet | PMC, the Portfolio Management Consultants group of Envestnet. “We are glad to continue to work with Investment Advisor magazine to recognize those managers which consistently provide alpha for investors.
To be eligible for an SMA Manager of the Year Award, a manager must prove sustainable and repeatable strategies that:
- Exhibit a repeatable, clearly defined process and alpha thesis
- Consistently capture significant market upsides while avoiding major downside exposure
- Are widely available to advisors, on multiple platforms and deliver good customer service
- Are open to portfolio customization by end clients, particularly when it comes to tax awareness
- Are led by senior managers with long tenures supported by knowledgeable analysts and support staff
- Are part of an organization that values the strategy, shown by firm resources and assets devoted to the strategy
- Are part of an organization that values its managers and employees by its ownership and organizational structure
The 17 strategies that are finalists for the 12th annual Envestnet-Investment Advisor SMA Managers of the Year awards are:
U.S. Equity Large-Cap (two awards)
- Brown Advisory — Large-Cap Growth
- Schafer Cullen — High-Dividend Value Equity
- Victory NewBridge — Large-Cap Growth
- Montag & Caldwell — Large-Cap Growth
U.S. Equity Small- or Mid-Cap (two awards)
- EARNEST Partners — Mid-Cap Value
- Congress Asset Management — Mid-Cap Growth
- Tributary Capital Management — Small-Cap Equity
- Kayne Anderson Rudnick — Small-Cap Growth
International or Global Equity (one award)
- Harding Loevner — Global ADR
- Cambiar Investors — International Equity ADR
- Acadian — International Equity ADR
Fixed Income (one award)
- GW&K Investment Management — Municipal Bond Strategy
- Tom Johnson Investment Management — Intermediate Fixed Income
Strategist (two awards)
- JAForlines — Global Tactical Solutions
- Sage Advisory Services — Tactical ETF Strategies
- Russell Investments — Multi-Asset Class Strategy
- Vanguard — Multi-Asset Class Strategy
Impact (one award)
- Boston Common Asset Management — International Equity SRI
- Breckinridge Capital Advisors — Intermediate Term Tax-Efficient Sustainable Bond
Manager of the Year
All of the winners in each category are finalists for this overall SMA Manager of the Year award.
About Investment Advisor and the Investment Advisor Group
With a circulation of 100,000 Investment Advisor is now in its 36th year of serving independent and independent-minded investment advisors and financial planners across the United States through its monthly magazine and online at ThinkAdvisor.com. The Investment Advisor Group of ALM consistently produces the premier digital and print news, analysis and resources that the community of professional financial advice-givers needs to serve clients, stay compliant and maximize growth.
ALM, an information and intelligence company, provides customers with critical news, data, analysis, marketing solutions and events to successfully manage the business of business. ALM serves a community of over 6 million business professionals seeking to discover, connect and compete in highly complex industries. Please visit www.alm.com for more information, and visit www.alm.com/events/ to learn about our upcoming events. Please follow us on Twitter at @ALMGlobal_.