ALM to Host the Nation’s Largest Legal Industry Gathering at Legalweek, The Experience, January 31-February 2, 2017
Inaugural Conference to Address the Business and Regulatory Trends, Technology and Talent Drivers Impacting the Business of Law
New York, N.Y. (November 1, 2016) – ALM today announced the launch of Legalweek, The Experience, an event in which the legal industry will convene to identify and explore how business trends, the regulatory climate, economic pressures and technology advances are driving innovation and change. Taking place January 31 through February 2, 2017 at the Hilton Midtown in New York City, the inaugural forum has been organized across the following seven areas of focus to address the entire team that manages the business of law: LegalExecutive, LegalWomensForum, Legaltech, LegalPros, LegalMarketing, LegalCIO, and LegalSmallFirm.
“Given ALM’s access to data and insights about the state of the legal industry, it became clear that there was a need to create a dedicated forum for forward-looking legal professionals to help shape the future development of all facets of the field of law,” said Sharon Morabito, ALM Group Events Director for Legalweek, The Experience. “Other leading industries, such as advertising and fashion, have marquis events tied to the state of their respective industries, but nothing of this caliber has ever existed for the legal field. We believe that Legalweek will provide participants with an unparalleled experience, offering actionable insights, networking opportunities and key takeaways to help them navigate the challenges that lie ahead and position them for success now and into the future.”
ALM has identified significant key trends that are driving change in the way law firms and corporate legal departments do business today, which will be the underpinning to the discussions heard throughout Legalweek, The Experience. These issues include: the impact of global expansion on the legal industry; the effect of disruption across all industries as digital innovation drives technology transformation; the continued cost pressures exerted by a flatter, more transparent legal marketplace and increasing importance of the firm’s marketing and business development functions; concerns over the battle for talent as the industry grapples with how to integrate upcoming generations of legal talent into firms; the influence and benefits of using cloud-based software in firms; and, the implementation of automated, artificial intelligence based processes to enhance the connected firm.
“The world is on the precipice of change due to the confluence of current global economic, technology and business trends, and the legal industry needs to adapt in order to stay ahead of the curve,” stated Bill Carter, CEO of ALM. “We’ve talked to our customers about their pain points, and they told us they need help preparing for the future, realizing operational efficiencies and effectiveness, managing a diverse talent base and evolving client interactions. We created this event to address these concerns and other issues impacting their business operation in one comprehensive forum.”
In addition to the seven areas of focus, including keynote presentations, panel discussions, an exhibition floor and opportunities to network, Legalweek will also feature live entertainment through LegalLive. Visit www.legalweekshow.com or follow @Legalweekshow for program and speaker updates, as well as to submit requests for sponsorship and/or speaking opportunities.
About Legalweek, The Experience
Hosted by ALM, Legalweek, The Experience brings together the legal industry to address the biggest challenges and issues facing legal professionals. Legalweek, which will be visited by more than 10,000 attendees and will feature more than 300 exhibits at the Legaltech Expo, includes the following seven areas of focus:
- LegalExecutive: An invitation-only forum gathering the industry’s top minds to provide insight into how they are translating the global business trends into action and shaping their businesses’ respective directions.
- LegalWomensForum: An interactive caucus of women working in the legal field, this area of focus will offer innovative ideas and solutions that lead to the retention and advancement of experienced women in law firms and corporations.
- Legaltech: Known as the industry’s largest and most important legal technology tradeshow, Legaltech delves into leading legal technology solutions and showcases how the industry’s most successful firms are preparing for the future.
- LegalPros: Law librarians, paralegals and administrators can discover innovative ideas and solutions that help them evolve their roles as the manager, educator and knowledge influencer of the legal research and litigation tools of the firm.
- LegalMarketing: This focus area explores how modern forces impact the way law firms handle business development and provides a think tank environment for marketers to guide firms into 2017 and beyond.
- LegalCIO: With so much changing in technology, this event fosters discussions around relevant opportunities and challenges impacting today’s law firm information, technology and knowledge management professionals.
- LegalSmallFirm: This area of focus explores how technology can support efficiency improvements, client growth and scalable operations for small law firms.
Legalweek, The Experience Media Contact:
ALM is the most trusted media, information and intelligence company supporting both the practice of and business of professionals in the legal, insurance, commercial real estate and financial services industries. ALM delivers leading data, intelligence, insights, events and audiences essential for growing businesses globally to over 7 million professionals. Please visit www.alm.com for more information, and visit www.alm.com/events/ to learn about our upcoming events. Please follow us on Twitter at @ALMGlobal_.