ALM Takes Home 8 Awards for Editorial, Intelligence and Digital Excellence
4 Jesse H. Neal awards, 3 Keystone Press Awards for Editorial, and 1 Folio Digital Award for Intelligence Legal Compass for New Digital Product
New York, NY – April 6, 2018 — On Thursday, April 5th, ALM took home 4 awards from the 64th Annual Jesse H. Neal Awards, 3 awards from the Keystone Press Awards given by the Pennsylvania Newspaper Association, and 1 award from the Folio Digital Media Awards.
“We are honored to receive recognition for our many outstanding achievements from the past year,” said Bill Carter, CEO at ALM. “These awards reinforce the depth, breadth, and strength of our digital transformation combined with strong journalism, insights, and analytics.”
Awards won by ALM include:
- Folio Digital Awards: Best New Digital Product – ALM Intelligence Legal Compass, an innovative online tool redefining how professionals involved in the practice or business of law will navigate their most pressing and complex legal industry challenges.
Jesse H. Neal Awards:
- Best Series: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Coverage – The National Law Journal, C. Ryan Barber and Michael Scarcella
- Best Infographic: AmLaw 100, By The Numbers – The American Lawyer, Paul Dilakian – contributing and ALM’s Design team
- Best Website: The New Law.com Platform, Connecting ALM’s Legal Communities – ALM’s Editorial, Media and Digital Product Development Staff
- Best Range Of Work By A Single Author: Ben Hancock
Keystone Press Awards:
- First place for News Beat Reporting: Max Mitchell
- First place for Feature Story: Zack Needles
- Honorable mention for Investigative Reporting: PJ D’Annunzio
ALM was also a finalist in the following awards:
Folio Digital Awards: Website Relaunch – Law.com
Jesse H. Neal Awards:
- Best Series: Thinking Millennial: How to Woo the Largest Generation – Investment Advisor, Chris Nichols and Sandy Hook Hearings – Connecticut Law Tribune, Robert Storace
- Best Commentary/Blog: The AmLaw Litigation Daily, Jenna Greene, When Democracy’s Firewall Is Breached – The National Law Journal, Shira Scheindlin-Contributing Columnist, and Careerist Column Entries – The American Lawyer, Vivia Chen
- Best News Coverage: TCCWNA Coverage – The New Jersey Law Journal, Charles Toutant and Tex McIver Shoots His Wife Series – The Daily Report, R. Robin McDonald
- Best Profile: A Quiet Firm With a Famous Client – The American Lawyer, Roy Strom
- Best Single Issue of a Magazine: The American Lawyer: October 2017 Issue – The American Lawyer Staff
- Best Editorial Use of Data: National Underwriter’s 2017 Independent Agent Survey – National Underwriter: Property & Casualty, Tim Schafer, Shawn Moynihan
“ALM is revolutionizing the media industry’s approach to serving content, insights, and analytics to support professionals through digital, scalable, forward-looking platforms and outstanding journalism. I am thrilled that the team has received recognition for their many accomplishments,” said Carter.
ALM is the most trusted media, information and intelligence company supporting both the practice of and business of professionals in the legal, insurance, commercial real estate and financial services industries. ALM delivers leading data, intelligence, insights, events and audiences essential for growing businesses globally to over 7 million professionals. Please visit www.alm.com for more information, and visit www.alm.com/events/ to learn about our upcoming events. Please follow us on Twitter at @ALMGlobal_.