Last update: 25 July 2016
USE OF THIS SITE
2. These documents are updated from time to time. You should return to and review this page regularly so that you are aware of these updates. Your use of the site after an update will constitute your agreement to the update.
4. Access to the registration areas of the site is permitted on the basis that:
5. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and you are responsible for all activity that occurs under your user name and password that arises from your failure to take due care of it. We will not be liable where your password is used by someone else as a result of your actions. We reserve the right to cancel your account and to ban you from registering a new account if your actions compromise the security of your account or any other user account.
8. Submission of User Content is subject to the following terms:
9. You or the owner of the User Content retain ownership of the copyright in all User Content sent to us and remain free to republish it wherever you or the owner wish and in whatever medium you or the owner want.
10. We do not keep any ‘comments’ that are not accepted for publication but may retain other User Content even if this is not published. We have no obligation to you to keep any User Content or to return it to you or remove it from this website or anywhere else we may have published it at any time.
11. You must not send materials that contain viruses, worms or any other destructive elements. Pyramid or other soliciting schemes, or actions meant to disrupt or abuse other users are also prohibited. Users must not use the Legal Week website to advocate illegal conduct or to participate in illegal or fraudulent activities and must not post or distribute unauthorised copies of copyright material including photographic images, artwork, text, sound files or computer programs.
12. You may not under any circumstance use this website to advertise a product or service.
13. We do not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed in any User Content, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with such material.
14. Legal Week does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on this website, and we will remove any User Content if properly notified that such material infringes another’s intellectual property rights. We reserve the right to remove User Content without prior notice for any reason.
SAFETY, COMPLAINTS, AND REPORTING ABUSE
15. You are advised not to reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, email address or home address). Outside of the registration process, you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your details when using this website.
17. If you become aware of any misuse of the site or wish to complain about any User Content or material on the site or believe any of your rights have been violated e.g. your copyright infringed, you have been defamed etc., you can notify us using any of the “Report This” links on the Site (you will need to be a Registered User to do this). This is the quickest way to contact us. Alternatively you can contact us at CustomerCare@alm.com. We will need to know the following:
18. We reserve the right to immediately terminate or suspend access to the website in response to conduct that we believe interferes with other people’s enjoyment.
20. You may download and print extracts from the site and make copies of these for your own personal and non-commercial use only. You are not allowed to download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on this website.
21. You must not reproduce any part of this website or the material or transmit it to or store it in any other website or disseminate any part of the material in any other form, unless we have indicated in writing that you may do so. The design, arrangement and look and feel of this website are also the copyright of Legal Week and/or its licensors and may not be copied or otherwise reproduced.
22. The trademarks, trade names and logos displayed on this website are the property of Legal Week and/or its licensors or other third parties. Users should not use these without the prior written permission of Legal Week or the relevant third party.
23. We are providing this website and its contents on an ‘as is’ basis and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations or warranties of any kind including, without limitation, warranties implied by statute. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this website is accurate, complete or current.
24. We will not be liable for any loss which may result from the use of this website including, without limitation, loss due to any computer virus or viruses which may infect your computer equipment as a result of your access to or use of this website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from this website (except for death or personal injury attributable to our negligence and to the extent permitted at law).
OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
26. You can access other sites via links or URL re-directions from this site. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents. You agree that we will not be party to any transaction or contract with any third party that you may enter into and we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those third party websites and services. You agree you will not involve us in any dispute you may have with any such third party website or service.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
28. Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to this site we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
SEVERANCE, GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION