Ad Specifications | Corporate Counsel
All advertisements should be submitted as digital files.
A contract proof must be provided. If no contract proof is provided, we cannot be responsible for the ad’s reproduction quality. A proof must be delivered even when files are sent via email or FTP. ALM will not be responsible for reproduction problems or file corruptions associated with ads not accompanied by a hard-copy proof.
|Trim Size||8" x 10.75"|
|Bleed Size||8.25" x 11"|
|Live Area||7" x 9.75"|
|Spread||16" x 10.75"|
|Spread Bleed||16.25" x 11"|
|Spread Live||15" x 9.75"|
Submitting Your Digital Ads
PDF is the preferred format for submitting files.
- PDF Files: You must provide press-quality PDF files. Please contact ALM’s production department to ensure that you have the proper job options and PPD file via email to download. For additional information about submitting files to our FTP site, please call 347-227-3102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CD or DVD
- Email: Up to 3 MB files; larger files should be compressed using Stuffit or Winzip, or use the FTP site.
- Platform: Macintosh.
- Software: Quark XPress 7 or up (for Mac); Adobe InDesign CS3 or up; Adobe Photoshop CS (for Mac); Adobe Illustrator CS (for Mac).
- All image files should be set to a minimum 266 dpi (300 dpi recommended). Image files must be Photoshop compatible (must open in Photoshop); preferred format PSD. EPS and TIFF files also accepted.
- All color image files must be CYMK (no RGB or spot colors accepted).
- Do not use color JPEG encoding.
- All hi-res files with clipping paths must be in EPS format (do not use clipping paths in Quark XPress and InDesign).
- For application files, include all screen and printer postscript or open type fonts. Truetype fonts must also be included in file.
- For PDF files, all fonts must be embedded.
You must indicate the publication name and issue date the ad is being submitted for, or your files cannot be processed.
Please submit all digital advertising materials to:
or mail to:
C/O Advertising Department
120 Broadway, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10271
If you have questions about material deadlines or other non-technical issues, call the Advertising Department at 212-457-9487.
If you have questions about ad delivery or technical issues, call the Production Department at 347-227-3102.