ALM is currently seeking a Project Manager experienced in Web Application Projects and Enterprise/Back Office systems and will be a part of our PMO. Seeking a candidate with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude having experience managing projects for a diverse media company. This person will play a key, highly visible role in implementing many of the company’s strategic initiatives.
• Effectively prioritizes and accurately identifies project tasks and controls project scope, schedule and resources.
• Creates and maintains applicable project documentation.
• Upholds and follows the company’s project life cycle methodology, from project initiation through closure. Agile-Scrum methodology, as well as, Waterfall methodology.
• Acts as a focal point for project issues and escalates when appropriate.
• Identify and mitigate risks on projects.
• Facilitates communication with other departments to meet project goals and client expectations.
• Liaison between the technical team and the business.
• Drives build/buy decision on projects, including management and facilitation of vendor procurement process.
• Plays the role of technical subject matter expert for the company’s business heads.
• Demonstrated successful leadership (2 years or more) in the implementation of media publishing projects ranging from various web applications to corporate enterprise projects (ex. GL system upgrade).
• Excellent organizational skills, process oriented thinking, strong attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and good grasp of business concepts.
• Experienced with the various phases of project management including requirements gathering, business analysis, documentation, QA testing, training, and support.
• Experience with vendor procurement processes and integration/ customization required for “off the shelf” packages.
• Knowledgeable about current trends in the publishing industry to include leading web, production, and/or business enterprise vendors, as well as outsource/off-shore companies and services.
• Excellent people skills and team oriented are essential.
• Experience with MS Project.
• A Bachelor’s degree
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ALM is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity. M/F/D/V
ALM places a high value on employees and strives to be an employer of choice. To that end we offer competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and a comprehensive selection of benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and life insurance options.
ALM Media, where information and opportunity meet, is the leading provider of legal business news, information and products. With a top-rated portfolio that includes The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, Law Technology News, Law.com, Law Journal Press, The National Law Journal, Smart Litigator and ALM Legal Intelligence, ALM offers unmatched access to key audiences in the legal community—from managing partners, litigators and in-house counsel to C-level decision-makers, technology decision-makers and practitioners in many sub-specialties. Headquartered in New York City, ALM was formed in 1998. For more information, visit ALM.com and LAW.com.