The Book Editor will be responsible for all phases of book editing and production, from acquisition to print. Will be responsible for the big picture (on time delivery of print and on-line product) as well as the minute details (blue-booking case cites and checking page numbers). Works closely with outside teams of freelance editors, proofreaders, compositors and printers. Successful candidate must be able to work on multiple books projects at once, organize multi-layered work flow and work independently. Position could be located in Brooklyn, NY or Newark, NJ.
· Leads and manages book projects for both print and on-line.
· Updates existing titles and acquires new content.
· Must work with authors to maintain tight deadlines.
· Leads team of freelancers and outside vendors to complete each project.
· Liaises effectively with the marketing and sales teams.
· Maintains up-to-date status of each book project, keeping simultaneous projects and freelancers on time.
· Extremely detail oriented.
· Strong editing skills.
· Understanding of case law, statutes, regulatory materials and other primary law content.
· Knowledge of competitive products.
· Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills.
· Proficient in use of Legal Blue Book.
· Must be able to edit in MS Word.
· Book editing experience.
· JD strongly preferred
ALM places a high value on employees and strives to be an employer of choice. To that end we offer competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and a comprehensive selection of benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and life insurance options.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ALM is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity. M/F/D/V
ALM, an integrated media company, is a leading provider of specialized business news and information, focused primarily on the legal and commercial real estate sectors. ALM's market-leading brands include The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, GlobeSt.com, Insight Conferences, Law.com, Law Journal Press, LegalTech, The National Law Journal and Real Estate Forum. Headquartered in New York City, ALM was formed in 1997. For more information, visit www.alm.com.